At the Post Office
A: Wô yào jì zhè fëng hángköng xìn dào Mêiguó, yào tië duö shâo qián de yóupiào?
B: Nî jì píngxìn háishi guàhào xìn?
A: Guàhào xìn bî píngxìn kuài Ma?
B: Bù yïdìng, yôushíhou guàhào xìn bî píngxìn màn.
A: Nàme, wô jì píngxìn.
B: Zhè fëngxìn chäozhòngle, yào tië liù kuài sì de yóupiào.
A: Hâo, wô hái yào jì yíge bäoguô, dào Rìbên, wô yào jì guàhào.
B: Zhège bäoguô lî yôu shénme?
A: Liâng jiàn chènshän hé yï tiáo kùzi.
B: Nî tiánle bäoguôdän méiyôu?
A: Tiánle, bäoguôdän zài zhèr.
B: Zhège bäoguô yào èrshíyï kuài bä.
A: Zhège bäoguô duö jiû néng dào Rìbên?
B: Chàbuduö yï xïngqï ba. Hái yào biéde ma?
A: Wô hái yào mâi shí zhäng wû kuài de yóupiào hé liâng zhäng wû máo de yóupiào.
B: Zhè shì nîde yóupiào, yïgòng shì qïshíjiû kuài liâng máo.
A: Hâo, zhè shì bäshí kuài.
B: Zhâo nî bä máo.
甲:我要寄这封航空信到美国,要贴多少钱的邮票?
I want to send this letter to America by air-mail, what value stamps do I need to put on it?
乙:你寄平信还是挂号信?
Do you want to send it by ordinary mail or as a registered letter?
甲:挂号信比平信快吗?
Is sending by registered mail quicker than by ordinary mail?
乙:不一定,有时候挂号信比平信慢。
Not really, sometimes slower.
甲:那么,我寄平信。
I’ll send it by ordinary mail then.
乙:这封信超重了,要贴六块四的邮票。
This letter is overweight, you’ll have to stick on 6.4 Yuan in stamps.
甲:好,我还要寄一个包裹,到日本,我要寄挂号。
All right. I also want to send a package to Japan, I’ll send this by registered mail.
乙:这个包裹里有什么?
What is in it?
甲:两件衬衫和一条裤子。
Two shirts and a pair of trousers.
乙:你填了包裹单没有?
Have you filled in the package form?
甲:填了,包裹单在这儿。
Yes, here it is.
乙:这个包裹要二十一块八。
This package will cost you 21.8 Yuan.
甲:这个包裹多久能到日本?
How long will this package take to get to Japan?
乙:差不多一星期吧。还要别的吗?
It will be about one week. Is there anything else?
甲:我还要买十张五块的邮票和两张五毛的邮票。
I also want ten 5 yuan and two 5 mao stamps.
乙:这是你的邮票,一共是七十九块两毛。
Here are they. Altogether it comes to 79.2 Yuan.
甲:好,这是八十块。
Okay, here’s 80 Yuan.
乙:找你八毛。
Your change is eight mao.
Part 2 shëngcí (生词) – new words